In just over 9 days, Boise CrossFit will be joining thousands of people across the CrossFit community in the Whole Life Challenge. The goal behind this is to focus change in your daily habits. There are five scored portions: nutrition, exercise, mobility, supplements and “lifestyle”. Here are some quick details regarding the points from the WLC FAQ, click the link for more.
- Every day you can earn up to 11 points
- For Nutrition you START the day with 5 points (how cool is that?), and subtract 1 point each time you eat a nutrition no-no. For example, if you decide to eat toast with your breakfast, that will cost you a point. Wine with dinner? Another point. Your score is the number of points (out of 5) you’re left with at the end of the day.
- For Exercise you’ll earn 2 points each day for doing ANY kind of exercise – from a hard core monster workout to running or yoga, or even active recovery like biking around town or playing Frisbee on the beach with friends. If YOU say it was “exercise” for you, then it counts!
- For Mobilization you’ll earn 2 points each day when you do at least 10 minutes of stretching or mobilizing. You can do any type you like – even a yoga class counts. No massage, though… you gotta do this one yourself!
- For Supplements you’ll earn 1 point each day for taking the supplement of your choice. This one’s up to you, but it’s gotta be the same one every day. We like supplements like fish oil, vitamin D, probiotics, magnesium, and B-12. But really, it’s up to you.
- In the Lifestyle category you’ll earn 1 point each day for taking on the current lifestyle practice. These rotate over the course of the Challenge. Don’t worry, we’ll warn you! This category includes things like sleep, meditation, water, etc.
Let’s get the party started with some prizes…
Everyone that signs up will get an extra day at the gym each week, so unless you’re already unlimited, joining the WLC pretty much just paid for itself!
The Boise CrossFit member to enroll the most NON MEMBERS into the WLC will receive a 2 month supply of fish oil from Pure Pharma. (The exercise portion does not need to be CrossFit, and any non member will be allowed the free Boise CrossFit class each week.)
The “team” with the best AVERAGE score will each win a free month at the end of the challenge for each member. Don’t let your team members fall off, keep them accountable! That’s what the teams are all about after all…
We will have 2 Q&A sessions this weekend for the WLC. Saturday at 9:30am and Sunday at 8:30am.
Starting every :45 for 7 1/2 minutes
2 Hang power snatch
20 Calorie row
30 Ring dips
40 Wall ball shots, 10ft, 20/14lb
50 Ground to overhead, 45/25lb plate
100 foot Overhead lunge 45/25lb plate
Day one of our program will be an up tempo down tempo run. I prefer that this be done on a trail or in a large park. The idea is to not do all of this running pounding on asphalt or concrete save the legs.
3 rds of-
10 air squats
20 meters (or so of running pick up pace each round)
15 mins of the following:
30 secs up tempo
30 secs down tempo (not a walk)
The idea here is to have a clear difference between the 30 second intervals. Do not make your first 30 seconds of each min so fast you have to walk the second 30 seconds, at the same time push yourself this is meant to be very challenging.